How to deal with back pain
- If you have back pain, see an osteopath sooner rather than later
- Hours in one position can cause problems – avoid ‘computer hump’
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks
- Adjust car seats and, on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening – don’t ‘risk a disc’
- Watch children’s posture – they shouldn’t carry bags on one shoulder
- During pregnancy, see an osteopath to help your body adjust to changes
- Avoid strain when lifting (particularly small children and shopping)
- Take regular exercise – your osteopath can help you find what’s right for you
- If symptoms do not clear up within a few days, consult your osteopath for advice and treatment
- If it hurts, don’t do it!
Karen is brilliant. She got this old man through the London marathon by clicking him back to normality every month. Every month or so I wander in with a few aches and pains and she sorts me out and sends me on my way. It's like I float out. I highly recommend her.
- Russell Joseph