How to deal with back pain
- If you have back pain, see an osteopath sooner rather than later
- Hours in one position can cause problems – avoid ‘computer hump’
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks
- Adjust car seats and, on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening – don’t ‘risk a disc’
- Watch children’s posture – they shouldn’t carry bags on one shoulder
- During pregnancy, see an osteopath to help your body adjust to changes
- Avoid strain when lifting (particularly small children and shopping)
- Take regular exercise – your osteopath can help you find what’s right for you
- If symptoms do not clear up within a few days, consult your osteopath for advice and treatment
- If it hurts, don’t do it!
My mum, husband, 2 year old son and I have come to this clinic a number of times over the past year to try and figure out what might be causing various issues. Things are always explained clearly and its such a friendly environment to get these things sorted in. Incredibly knowledgable I always leave having learnt something new about myself physically and what I need to consider nutritionally. This is now my first port of call as my GP doesn't really know me but here I feel like I usually get to the bottom of things much quicker. We like to call Karen the Wizard in our house she really is excellent!
- Zoe O'Sullivan